…Avoiding or Surviving a Police Encounter
- I. Thou shalt not commit a crime
- II. If thou dost commit a crime, thou shalt not protest when caught, that is for thine lawyer to do for you
- III. Thou shalt not spout legal knowledge from a google search and argue with an officer
- IV. Thou shalt not drive without a license nor flee when thou is signalled to stop by the police
- V. Remember to keep holy thy court date
- VI.. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s car
- VII. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s big screen TV
- VIII. Thou shalt not carry a gun without a permit, a gun does not bring strength but shows cowardice
- IX. Thou shalt not argue finer points of law in the middle of the night, in a dark alley, while holding a crowbar, standing next to a pried open door
- X. Thou shalt not do unto others as you would not have done to yourself
If thou would be faithful to these commandments thou shall live long and prosper. If thou can but remember one, remember the First Commandment, it will keep thee well
- I. Remember that thou art a servant of justice, not an avenging angel
- II. Thou shalt treat all with dignity and fairness
- III. Thy Rod and Thy Sword are to Protect when all else fails not punish for things thou are not endowed with the authority to inflict
- IV. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy fellow human
- V. Thou shall not bear enmity toward any
- VI. Thou shall remember that thou art fallible as are all thou shall encounter
- VII. Thou shall endeavor to save all, including thyself, from all harm
- VIII. Remember to keep holy the word, and the spirit, of the law
- IX. Thou shall carry thy purpose with pride, dignity, and courage with empathy toward all
- X. Thou are not the instrument of vengeance but the keeper of the peace
Remember these wise words spoken by an officer of great wisdom and experience.
“Always bear in mind that the difference between the officer driving the police car and the person under arrest in the back seat is that the driver never got caught”The Gospel of Detective Joe Ford
Thanks for reading, please share with everyone!
Follow this blog for upcoming information on all new book releases. And please share this with readers everywhere. All comments are welcome. Or if you would like write a piece to be posted on my blog please send me a message.
Signup here for my email list for information on all upcoming releases, book signings, and media appearances.
And for all my books to add to your memories of great reads…https://www.amazon.com/Joe-Broadmeadow/e/B00OWPE9GU